Living in Mallorca Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living in Mallorca Forum

Living in Mallorca - my home of choice, is it yours?

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The Ups and Downs of Purchasing a Property
A Winter in Mallorca - George Sand I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2022 11:33 pm by Ambl3r

» Greetings Mallorca
A Winter in Mallorca - George Sand I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 pm by neilmccauley17

» Spain Local Guide Wanted
A Winter in Mallorca - George Sand I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am by bensh2

» Looking For Long Term Rental April - October 2013
A Winter in Mallorca - George Sand I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:52 am by Admin

» Love Spain now becomes Love Mallorca
A Winter in Mallorca - George Sand I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 am by Admin

» Love Mallorca Forum?
A Winter in Mallorca - George Sand I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 pm by Admin

» Lack of Mallorca Forums
A Winter in Mallorca - George Sand I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 am by Admin

» Return to Mallorca
A Winter in Mallorca - George Sand I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 am by Admin

» "Che" Guevara
A Winter in Mallorca - George Sand I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 am by Admin

Similar topics
Facebook Living in Mallorca
Favourite Links
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Living in Mallorca Forum on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Visits

A Winter in Mallorca - George Sand

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

A Winter in Mallorca - George Sand Empty
PostSubject: A Winter in Mallorca - George Sand   A Winter in Mallorca - George Sand I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 12:26 am

Everyone surely must have heard of this classic. I can only quote from the book itself

"Frederick Chopin and George Sand spent the winter of 1838 to 39 in the monastery at Valldemossa. This brilliant account by the famous author has become a classic. It is a book as fascinating as Majorca itself.

Written with humour and irony. It describes the experiences of George Sand and her lover, Frederick Chopin, during their visit to Majorca. We are given the opportunity to discover how a visitor saw the island a century ago. It caused a sensation when it was published.

A Classic, which is as significant now as it was then. A pleasure for all of us who love Majorca."

It is amusing to read how the island was viewed by visitors all those years ago. I don't whole-heartedly go along with her opinion. But it is one person's opinion. It is a must read for any serious lover of Spain and all things Spanish.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovespainforum.com

A Winter in Mallorca - George Sand
Page 1 of 1