Living in Mallorca Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living in Mallorca Forum

Living in Mallorca - my home of choice, is it yours?

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The Ups and Downs of Purchasing a Property
Balearics has 2nd highest number of mortgages in Spain I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2022 11:33 pm by Ambl3r

» Greetings Mallorca
Balearics has 2nd highest number of mortgages in Spain I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 pm by neilmccauley17

» Spain Local Guide Wanted
Balearics has 2nd highest number of mortgages in Spain I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am by bensh2

» Looking For Long Term Rental April - October 2013
Balearics has 2nd highest number of mortgages in Spain I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:52 am by Admin

» Love Spain now becomes Love Mallorca
Balearics has 2nd highest number of mortgages in Spain I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 am by Admin

» Love Mallorca Forum?
Balearics has 2nd highest number of mortgages in Spain I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 pm by Admin

» Lack of Mallorca Forums
Balearics has 2nd highest number of mortgages in Spain I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 am by Admin

» Return to Mallorca
Balearics has 2nd highest number of mortgages in Spain I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 am by Admin

» "Che" Guevara
Balearics has 2nd highest number of mortgages in Spain I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 am by Admin

Similar topics
Facebook Living in Mallorca
Favourite Links
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Living in Mallorca Forum on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Visits

Balearics has 2nd highest number of mortgages in Spain

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Balearics has 2nd highest number of mortgages in Spain Empty
PostSubject: Balearics has 2nd highest number of mortgages in Spain   Balearics has 2nd highest number of mortgages in Spain I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 11:44 pm

THE Balearics is the region of Spain with the highest number of mortgages pro rata its population, the National Institute of Statistics (INE) reported yesterday.

For every 100'000 head of population living in the Islands, said the INE, there are 305 mortgages taken out. In this respect, the Balearics comes second only to the region of La Rioja which has 502.

The number of mortgages taken out on properties in July this year fell (by 6.8 percent) for the third consecutive month to settle at 55'570. The year-on-year accumulated figure for mortgages taken out on property between January and July also fell which means there were 1.5 percent less mortgages taken out in the first 7 months of this year than there were during the same period in 2009. The average amount of mortgages taken out in July this year rose to 122'238 euros, a year-on-year increase of 5.9 percent, and a 2.3 percent increase in comparison with figures for the previous month.

But in terms of the average figure for mortgages taken out during the first seven months of this year, there was a year-on-year downturn of 1.8 percent.

The amount of money borrowed in total for property mortgages in July this year was 6'792.76 million euros, the INE revealed. This is 1.3 percent less than a year ago but 3 percent more than in June. The accumulated figure for January to June experienced a year-on-year downturn of 3.3 percent.

Building societies lent the most money in July (52.1%), followed by banks (37.7%) and other financial institutions (10.2%).

Majorca Daily Bulletin
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovespainforum.com

Balearics has 2nd highest number of mortgages in Spain
Page 1 of 1