Living in Mallorca Forum

Living in Mallorca - my home of choice, is it yours?
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Greetings Mallorca
Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 pm by neilmccauley17

» Spain Local Guide Wanted
Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am by bensh2

» The Ups and Downs of Purchasing a Property
Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:16 am by Admin

» Looking For Long Term Rental April - October 2013
Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:52 am by Admin

» Love Spain now becomes Love Mallorca
Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 am by Admin

» Love Mallorca Forum?
Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 pm by Admin

» Lack of Mallorca Forums
Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 am by Admin

» Return to Mallorca
Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 am by Admin

» "Che" Guevara
Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 am by Admin

Similar topics
Facebook Living in Mallorca
Favourite Links
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of Living in Mallorca Forum on your social bookmarking website

Share | 

 Spanish Registration Certificates and Residence Cards

Go down 

Posts : 496
Join date : 2010-05-28
Age : 65
Location : Alcudia

PostSubject: Spanish Registration Certificates and Residence Cards   Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:14 am

The EU Residence Card

As of March 2007 EU citizens no longer require an EU Residence Card.


Non-EU/EEA Citizens: Any non-European Union citizen staying in Spain for a period longer than three months requires a Residence Card (Tarjeta de Residencia) residency permit.

The Ministry of Territorial Policy (Ministerio de Politica Territorial; also known as the Ministerio de Administracións Públicas - MAP) has a website with comprehensive information in English regarding how to apply for the appropriate documents.

Any EU citizen intending to stay in Spain for more than three months is obliged to register to be added to the Central Register of Foreign Nationals (Registro Central de Extranjeros) at a Foreigners Office (Oficina de Extranjero) or local police station (Policia Nacional) if there is no foreigner's office in the area in which they intend to reside.

All foreigners must have a foreigners tax identification number (Numero de Identificatión de Extranjero - NIE), regardless of whether they are obliged to have a residency permit or not. The NIE is both a Social Security number and a tax identification number. Applications for an NIE can be made at a local police station which has a foreigners department, or by contacting the local regional government; either in person or through a representative. The number appears on all documents issued in Spain.

An NIE is required by anyone with financial, professional or social interests in Spain. It is also essential when buying property, opening a bank account, starting a business, using short-term employment agencies or arranging receipt of social security benefits.


Life is far too important to be taken seriously - Oscar Wilde
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spanish Registration Certificates and Residence Cards
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
» Spanish Hunting Crossbow
» Jalisco Car Registration renewal 2015
» Spanish Teacher?
» My Preciouses... Introducing the Silhouette Cameo Digital cutting tool
» Quiver with Spanish round braid.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Living in Mallorca Forum :: LOVE SPAIN FORUMS :: Moving & Living in Spain-
Jump to: