Living in Mallorca Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living in Mallorca Forum

Living in Mallorca - my home of choice, is it yours?

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The Ups and Downs of Purchasing a Property
Investigation into death of Cártama toddler I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2022 11:33 pm by Ambl3r

» Greetings Mallorca
Investigation into death of Cártama toddler I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 pm by neilmccauley17

» Spain Local Guide Wanted
Investigation into death of Cártama toddler I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am by bensh2

» Looking For Long Term Rental April - October 2013
Investigation into death of Cártama toddler I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:52 am by Admin

» Love Spain now becomes Love Mallorca
Investigation into death of Cártama toddler I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 am by Admin

» Love Mallorca Forum?
Investigation into death of Cártama toddler I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 pm by Admin

» Lack of Mallorca Forums
Investigation into death of Cártama toddler I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 am by Admin

» Return to Mallorca
Investigation into death of Cártama toddler I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 am by Admin

» "Che" Guevara
Investigation into death of Cártama toddler I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 am by Admin

Facebook Living in Mallorca
Favourite Links
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Living in Mallorca Forum on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Visits

Investigation into death of Cártama toddler

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Investigation into death of Cártama toddler Empty
PostSubject: Investigation into death of Cártama toddler   Investigation into death of Cártama toddler I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 3:29 am

She died from septicaemia after being sent home by doctors 3 times in 48 hours

An investigation is underway in Málaga into the death of a toddler who died from septicaemia after being sent home by doctors on three occasions over the 48 hours before her death.

The child initially attended her local health centre in Cártama in mid-October with vomiting and diarrhoea, and was sent home with a recommendation to the mother to keep her daughter hydrated. She suffered intermittent episodes over the next few weeks, until her condition worsened and she returned to the health centre on November 10.

She was diagnosed with gastroenteritis and sent home again.
The young girl’s mother, Fanny, said in an interview published in Diario Sur this Wednesday that the same diagnosis was given by doctors at the Materno Infantil Hospital in Málaga two days later, who sent her home and told to keep her daughter hydrated.

After another visit to the health centre that afternoon, the youngster was finally admitted to the Materno Infantil, where she was in Intensive Care for 17 hours before she died on November 13. The child was two years and eight months old when she died.

The Patient Ombudsman has now referred the matter to the prosecution service in Málaga.

Read more: http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_28429.shtml#ixzz18x9EedZ0
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovespainforum.com

Investigation into death of Cártama toddler
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Living in Mallorca Forum :: LOVE SPAIN FORUMS :: Spanish News :: Andalucía-
Jump to: