Living in Mallorca Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living in Mallorca Forum

Living in Mallorca - my home of choice, is it yours?

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The Ups and Downs of Purchasing a Property
No Smoking Affects Bars I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2022 11:33 pm by Ambl3r

» Greetings Mallorca
No Smoking Affects Bars I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 pm by neilmccauley17

» Spain Local Guide Wanted
No Smoking Affects Bars I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am by bensh2

» Looking For Long Term Rental April - October 2013
No Smoking Affects Bars I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:52 am by Admin

» Love Spain now becomes Love Mallorca
No Smoking Affects Bars I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 am by Admin

» Love Mallorca Forum?
No Smoking Affects Bars I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 pm by Admin

» Lack of Mallorca Forums
No Smoking Affects Bars I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 am by Admin

» Return to Mallorca
No Smoking Affects Bars I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 am by Admin

» "Che" Guevara
No Smoking Affects Bars I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 am by Admin

Similar topics
Facebook Living in Mallorca
Favourite Links
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Living in Mallorca Forum on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Visits

No Smoking Affects Bars

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

No Smoking Affects Bars Empty
PostSubject: No Smoking Affects Bars   No Smoking Affects Bars I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 7:02 am

Well we were chatting to our Spanish friends over the weekend and the impact of the no smoking ban is certainly affecting the bars.

If you happen to own a large restaurant with plenty of outside space then the ban will not affect you very much. But if your restaurant is on the small or medium size or you just do not have much outside space then the impact is quite high.

Now I know all the non-smokers out there will be jumping up and down clapping and cheering but think of the family run businesses for just a moment.

There are still a lot of smokers out there and while on holiday what do they normally do? They go out for a meal; sit and have a drink and have a smoke.

Now it will all change. They may still go out for a meal but instead of staying at their favourite bar they will get up and go for a walk, or go along the road to that other place that happens to have plenty of outside space because outside space means you can have a drink and a smoke.

In the UK we are already used to not being able to smoke in bars and restaurants but then it is not normal to go out every night to a bar or restaurant so the odd occasion it doesn't matter if you have to pop outside for a smoke.

On holiday you are generally out every night in a bar or restaurant.

Oh well this is one argument that will never have a solution but I feel terribly sorry for the bar owners who rely on tourism to earn a living and I hope the fate that has befallen many pubs in Britain (they are now takeaway restaurants or closed) does not happen to them in Spain.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovespainforum.com

No Smoking Affects Bars
Page 1 of 1