Living in Mallorca Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living in Mallorca Forum

Living in Mallorca - my home of choice, is it yours?

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The Ups and Downs of Purchasing a Property
Air traffic controllers plan to strike in Spain I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2022 11:33 pm by Ambl3r

» Greetings Mallorca
Air traffic controllers plan to strike in Spain I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 pm by neilmccauley17

» Spain Local Guide Wanted
Air traffic controllers plan to strike in Spain I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am by bensh2

» Looking For Long Term Rental April - October 2013
Air traffic controllers plan to strike in Spain I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:52 am by Admin

» Love Spain now becomes Love Mallorca
Air traffic controllers plan to strike in Spain I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 am by Admin

» Love Mallorca Forum?
Air traffic controllers plan to strike in Spain I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 pm by Admin

» Lack of Mallorca Forums
Air traffic controllers plan to strike in Spain I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 am by Admin

» Return to Mallorca
Air traffic controllers plan to strike in Spain I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 am by Admin

» "Che" Guevara
Air traffic controllers plan to strike in Spain I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 am by Admin

Facebook Living in Mallorca
Favourite Links
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Living in Mallorca Forum on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Visits

Air traffic controllers plan to strike in Spain

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Air traffic controllers plan to strike in Spain Empty
PostSubject: Air traffic controllers plan to strike in Spain   Air traffic controllers plan to strike in Spain I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 6:09 am

Air traffic controllers are making history in Spain this month. For the first time, they will participate in a legal union strike that will last for three days, potentially disrupting the travel of up to 2 million airline passengers, around 300,000 of which are British.

Air traffic controller’s wages in Spain were reduced in February earlier this year by about 40% after it came to light that some were making as much as £800,000 yearly (just for comparison’s sake, air traffic controllers in the UK make £60-90,000 a year). The current average wage after cutbacks is £167,000.

Although the official strike date isn’t set, there are plans for it to start on August 18th, 2010.

Airlines like Ryanair are pleading with the government to step in and draft military personnel to do the job so that flights can still operate. Tourism makes up 11% of Spain’s totally economy and a hiccup like this could do some serious damage.
What to do if Spain’s air traffic controllers strike?

Travellers should stay in touch with their airlines and watch for updates on cancelled flights to Spain on the airline company’s website before heading to the airport.

Passengers will likely have the option of re-booking for free on a later flight or being refunded if the first option isn’t possible.

The best way to protect yourself during a strike like this is to have flexible travel dates. Can you leave a few days later? Are your other plans fixed? Try as best as possible to stay flexible at least until you find out more information on your flights.

Read the fine print: does your travel insurance cover labour disruptions? If so, you’re in the clear. You’ll have no problem re-booking or getting your money back.[/list]

www.liligo.co.uk
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovespainforum.com

Air traffic controllers plan to strike in Spain
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Living in Mallorca Forum :: LOVE SPAIN FORUMS :: Spanish News-
Jump to: