Living in Mallorca Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living in Mallorca Forum

Living in Mallorca - my home of choice, is it yours?

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The Ups and Downs of Purchasing a Property
Two in three shops have reduced staff I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2022 11:33 pm by Ambl3r

» Greetings Mallorca
Two in three shops have reduced staff I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 pm by neilmccauley17

» Spain Local Guide Wanted
Two in three shops have reduced staff I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am by bensh2

» Looking For Long Term Rental April - October 2013
Two in three shops have reduced staff I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:52 am by Admin

» Love Spain now becomes Love Mallorca
Two in three shops have reduced staff I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 am by Admin

» Love Mallorca Forum?
Two in three shops have reduced staff I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 pm by Admin

» Lack of Mallorca Forums
Two in three shops have reduced staff I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 am by Admin

» Return to Mallorca
Two in three shops have reduced staff I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 am by Admin

» "Che" Guevara
Two in three shops have reduced staff I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 am by Admin

Facebook Living in Mallorca
Favourite Links
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Living in Mallorca Forum on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Visits

Two in three shops have reduced staff

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Two in three shops have reduced staff Empty
PostSubject: Two in three shops have reduced staff   Two in three shops have reduced staff I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 5:28 am

NEARLY 65 percent of commercial outlets in the Balearics have laid members of staff off this year while the remaining 30 percent are considering reducing the size of their workforce in the future.

According to the findings of the latest survey carried out by the Balearic Federation of Commercial Businesses, confidence on the high street is very low and very few retailers believe that the economic situation is going to improve in the short term.

Federation President, Bartomeu Servera, said yesterday that the situation is “extremely negative and the only positive factors is that there appears to have been a pick up in trade in the latter part of the tourist season.” However, he admitted that the results of the survey are “alarming” and most of his federation’s members do not think that high street trade is going to improve until the middle or end of 2012.

Retailers are hoping that there will be some festive consumer joy on the high streets over the coming months and that the winter sales, which start early in January, will also bring some cheer to traders.

Majorca Daily Bulletin
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovespainforum.com

Two in three shops have reduced staff
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Living in Mallorca Forum :: LOVE SPAIN FORUMS :: Spanish News :: Balearics-
Jump to: