Living in Mallorca Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living in Mallorca Forum

Living in Mallorca - my home of choice, is it yours?

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The Ups and Downs of Purchasing a Property
Housing mortgages declined 24% in October I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2022 11:33 pm by Ambl3r

» Greetings Mallorca
Housing mortgages declined 24% in October I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 pm by neilmccauley17

» Spain Local Guide Wanted
Housing mortgages declined 24% in October I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am by bensh2

» Looking For Long Term Rental April - October 2013
Housing mortgages declined 24% in October I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:52 am by Admin

» Love Spain now becomes Love Mallorca
Housing mortgages declined 24% in October I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 am by Admin

» Love Mallorca Forum?
Housing mortgages declined 24% in October I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 pm by Admin

» Lack of Mallorca Forums
Housing mortgages declined 24% in October I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 am by Admin

» Return to Mallorca
Housing mortgages declined 24% in October I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 am by Admin

» "Che" Guevara
Housing mortgages declined 24% in October I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 am by Admin

Similar topics
Facebook Living in Mallorca
Favourite Links
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Living in Mallorca Forum on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Visits

Housing mortgages declined 24% in October

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Housing mortgages declined 24% in October Empty
PostSubject: Housing mortgages declined 24% in October   Housing mortgages declined 24% in October I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 8:13 am

THE number of mortgages issued for Spanish homes in October dropped the most since April 2009 as demand flagged before the expiry of a tax incentive.
The number of home mortgages fell 24 percent from a year earlier, the National Statistics Institute said in a statement today. Asking prices for existing homes in Spain slipped 5.7 percent in 2010, according to separate data published yesterday by Idealista.com, a Spanish property website.

The drop in mortgages coincides with a slide in home sales, which fell about 18 percent from a year earlier in October to the lowest level on record. Spanish banks, which have what the Bank of Spain terms “troubled exposure” to construction and real estate of 181 billion euros, are counting on a recovery in demand to help them clear stocks of foreclosed property taken onto their books during the country’s housing crash. “None of this data will be good news to all those who are looking for the beginning of the end of Spain’s property crash,” said Mark Stucklin, head of Spanish Property Insight, a Barcelona-based website that tracks trends in the housing market. “You have to wonder whether it’s even the end of the beginning.” Homes sales had increased through the first eight months of the year before a year-end deadline to lock in a tax rebate, valued at as much as 1'352 euros a year.

Mortgage lending in terms of capital loaned declined 33 percent from a year earlier, the most since October 2009, the statistics institute said today.
Total housing permits fell 34 percent in October from a year ago, the Development Ministry said in a separate statement.

Majorca Daily Bulletin
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovespainforum.com

Housing mortgages declined 24% in October
Page 1 of 1