Living in Mallorca Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living in Mallorca Forum

Living in Mallorca - my home of choice, is it yours?

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The Ups and Downs of Purchasing a Property
No Broadband?  Well thank you Virgin Media I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2022 11:33 pm by Ambl3r

» Greetings Mallorca
No Broadband?  Well thank you Virgin Media I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 pm by neilmccauley17

» Spain Local Guide Wanted
No Broadband?  Well thank you Virgin Media I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am by bensh2

» Looking For Long Term Rental April - October 2013
No Broadband?  Well thank you Virgin Media I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:52 am by Admin

» Love Spain now becomes Love Mallorca
No Broadband?  Well thank you Virgin Media I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 am by Admin

» Love Mallorca Forum?
No Broadband?  Well thank you Virgin Media I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 pm by Admin

» Lack of Mallorca Forums
No Broadband?  Well thank you Virgin Media I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 am by Admin

» Return to Mallorca
No Broadband?  Well thank you Virgin Media I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 am by Admin

» "Che" Guevara
No Broadband?  Well thank you Virgin Media I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 am by Admin

Similar topics
Facebook Living in Mallorca
Favourite Links
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Living in Mallorca Forum on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Visits

No Broadband? Well thank you Virgin Media

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

No Broadband?  Well thank you Virgin Media Empty
PostSubject: No Broadband? Well thank you Virgin Media   No Broadband?  Well thank you Virgin Media I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:25 am

Well I have to admit to getting slightly panic stricken. I may be without broadband for a week. No Broadband?  Well thank you Virgin Media 897243

I decided to change my broadband provider to O2 who I have had a mobile phone with for years. They phoned me up and suggested I change and the package they were offering was very good. Previously I had been on cable who had been taken over by Virgin Media. Now the dealings I had with Virgin were not very good. On a couple of occasions when the system had not been working properly or there were problems with our satellite box I tried phoning their support line. I was not impressed!

I will admit to being a bit of a technological geek and I love all my gadgets and computer etc so I am not completely stupid when it comes to technology. After all I can program and create web pages, I have blogs, websites etc galore but I was spoken to by the support department as if I was a silly child who couldn't understand anything!!!

Anyway to get back to the point in question.

I arranged to have my broadband and phone changed over to O2. I wrote to Virgin and I emailed Virgin giving them the date that I wanted their services to end (to coincide with my new O2 services) but could Virgin get that right - oh no they informed me they were cutting off my phone and broadband a week earlier than I asked for....I wrote to Virgin again pointing out the date I asked for but so far there has been no response. Not surprising!

So my dear friends, although I have phoned O2 and they are trying to rush it through quicker, it very much looks like I will be without broadband for about a week to ten days. I really don't know how I will survive.

No Broadband?  Well thank you Virgin Media 671526

If necessary I will log on using my mobile but it is not the best way to go online and the screen is not very big, but I will do my best.

So if I disappear for a while do not desert me - I will be back - on hopefully a faster and better broadband connection.

Date for disconnection by Virgin is 9th January.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovespainforum.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

No Broadband?  Well thank you Virgin Media Empty
PostSubject: Still with Virgin   No Broadband?  Well thank you Virgin Media I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 7:24 am

Well I'm still online and still with Virgin Media!

I actually got to speak to someone the other day and when I took their advice and compared broadband speeds I had to admit that cable takes some beating. So after they decided to give me a 'loyalty' discount for having been with them for 8 years I decided to stay with them.

It is a shame that these companies only offer the deals to their new customers and then give them to their regular customers after they decide to leave.

Anyway it would seem that until BT phone lines can catch up with the speed that cable offers that cable companies will have the pick of the customers.

Now we are talking some considerable difference here - BT line 3 Meg maximum, cable 10 Meg (actually gives me 9.5 but that's good enough).

It would seem that fibre optics win hands down to phone lines. No Broadband?  Well thank you Virgin Media 228170
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovespainforum.com

No Broadband? Well thank you Virgin Media
Page 1 of 1