Living in Mallorca Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living in Mallorca Forum

Living in Mallorca - my home of choice, is it yours?

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The Ups and Downs of Purchasing a Property
Ready to move now I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2022 11:33 pm by Ambl3r

» Greetings Mallorca
Ready to move now I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 pm by neilmccauley17

» Spain Local Guide Wanted
Ready to move now I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am by bensh2

» Looking For Long Term Rental April - October 2013
Ready to move now I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:52 am by Admin

» Love Spain now becomes Love Mallorca
Ready to move now I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 am by Admin

» Love Mallorca Forum?
Ready to move now I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 pm by Admin

» Lack of Mallorca Forums
Ready to move now I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 am by Admin

» Return to Mallorca
Ready to move now I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 am by Admin

» "Che" Guevara
Ready to move now I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 am by Admin

Facebook Living in Mallorca
Favourite Links
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Living in Mallorca Forum on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Visits

Ready to move now

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Ready to move now Empty
PostSubject: Ready to move now   Ready to move now I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 8:10 am

Well I for one am ready to move now. My husband, Mick, is ahead of me - he was ready to move to Spain many years ago.

Until the circumstances are right we have to continue to work and live in the UK but we are getting prepared.

For one thing we have bought a fifth-wheel trailer which we use for trips away now but in the future it will be used to travel back to the UK and stay on campsites when we want to spend a couple of weeks visiting the family :P

We are watching Spanish TV every night to immerse ourselves in the language and I am continuing with my study of the Michel Thomas courses - that is the beginner; advanced and Language Builder. Added to that I listen to Notes in Spanish podcasts and once a week my friend and I sit during our lunch hour and have a 'lesson' in which I am teaching and learning in one go!

The main thing that has happened this year has been my attitude. Whereas before I always thought I would like to retain a property in this country, if possible, and have a place in Spain (keeping a place to come back to if necessary) now my attitude has shifted. We will have a way of returning to visit (fifth-wheeler) and in reality I have faced the fact that our children have their own lives to live and what with bringing up their children and working they have little time to spare. So if I was alone in the world where would I rather be - alone in the UK or alone in Spain? Well Spain is a definite winner.

When Pili said to me this year "was I going to live in Mallorca?" without hesitation I said "yes".

As for the children, well they are not children - they are adults - and they would love somewhere in Spain to come on holiday to!

So I am now trying to work out a way to get to Spain quicker than we first anticipated.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovespainforum.com

Ready to move now
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Living in Mallorca Forum :: LOVE SPAIN FORUMS :: Moving & Living in Spain-
Jump to: