Living in Mallorca Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living in Mallorca Forum

Living in Mallorca - my home of choice, is it yours?

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The Ups and Downs of Purchasing a Property
British travel firm introduces special Majorca winter trips I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2022 11:33 pm by Ambl3r

» Greetings Mallorca
British travel firm introduces special Majorca winter trips I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 pm by neilmccauley17

» Spain Local Guide Wanted
British travel firm introduces special Majorca winter trips I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am by bensh2

» Looking For Long Term Rental April - October 2013
British travel firm introduces special Majorca winter trips I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:52 am by Admin

» Love Spain now becomes Love Mallorca
British travel firm introduces special Majorca winter trips I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 am by Admin

» Love Mallorca Forum?
British travel firm introduces special Majorca winter trips I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 pm by Admin

» Lack of Mallorca Forums
British travel firm introduces special Majorca winter trips I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 am by Admin

» Return to Mallorca
British travel firm introduces special Majorca winter trips I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 am by Admin

» "Che" Guevara
British travel firm introduces special Majorca winter trips I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 am by Admin

Similar topics
Facebook Living in Mallorca
Favourite Links
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Living in Mallorca Forum on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Visits

British travel firm introduces special Majorca winter trips

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

British travel firm introduces special Majorca winter trips Empty
PostSubject: British travel firm introduces special Majorca winter trips   British travel firm introduces special Majorca winter trips I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 11:12 pm

PALMA
THE decision by Monarch Airlines to operate six flights per week to Palma from Gatwick and Manchester throughout the winter is already starting to attract the attention of other operators with Cosmos, part of the Monarch Group, having devised a winter programme for Majorca.

Monarch has made it clear to the local tourism authorities, which have corresponded by agreeing to help market the winter flights, that it is determined to make winter tourism in Majorca work.

Cosmos’s winter programme is going to be focusing on short city breaks and golfing holidays and has linked up with a number of hotels to cater for their clients.

For example, the Hotel Costa Azul on the Paseo Maritimo in Palma, will be the short city break hotel while golfers will be staying at the Iberostar Royal Cupido where they will be entitled to a number of attractive savings on green fees etc. at the Puntiro Golf Course.

Cosmos head of product and commercial for the Western Mediterranean, Ian Hailes said: “We are delighted to be able to introduce Majorca as a winter break destination. “It’s the perfect flying time from the UK for a short break and offers quality hotels, restaurants and bars to suit all budgets.”

EVERYBODY INVOLVED
The flights depart Gatwick and Manchester on Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays and will be operating from November 11 until April which means that Monarch will be flying to Palma all year round. But, as Monarch has made clear in talks with the local authorities and hoteliers, everybody is going to need to get involved and make an effort for Majorca’s winter holiday market to finally work properly.

Monarch is in talks with a series of hotels about the winter progranmme, the airline will be flying over 50'000 tourists to Majorca this winter and that, they hope, will be sufficient to encourage more hotels to stay open and sign up to their winter holiday programme.

Majorca Daily Bulletin
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovespainforum.com

British travel firm introduces special Majorca winter trips
Page 1 of 1