Living in Mallorca Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living in Mallorca Forum

Living in Mallorca - my home of choice, is it yours?

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The Ups and Downs of Purchasing a Property
Estofado - Beef and Potato Stew Recipe I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2022 11:33 pm by Ambl3r

» Greetings Mallorca
Estofado - Beef and Potato Stew Recipe I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 pm by neilmccauley17

» Spain Local Guide Wanted
Estofado - Beef and Potato Stew Recipe I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am by bensh2

» Looking For Long Term Rental April - October 2013
Estofado - Beef and Potato Stew Recipe I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:52 am by Admin

» Love Spain now becomes Love Mallorca
Estofado - Beef and Potato Stew Recipe I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 am by Admin

» Love Mallorca Forum?
Estofado - Beef and Potato Stew Recipe I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 pm by Admin

» Lack of Mallorca Forums
Estofado - Beef and Potato Stew Recipe I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 am by Admin

» Return to Mallorca
Estofado - Beef and Potato Stew Recipe I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 am by Admin

» "Che" Guevara
Estofado - Beef and Potato Stew Recipe I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 am by Admin

Similar topics
Facebook Living in Mallorca
Favourite Links
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Living in Mallorca Forum on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Visits

Estofado - Beef and Potato Stew Recipe

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Estofado - Beef and Potato Stew Recipe Empty
PostSubject: Estofado - Beef and Potato Stew Recipe   Estofado - Beef and Potato Stew Recipe I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 11:46 pm

Estofado or Beef Stew is a great hearty meal to have on a cold winter's day or evening as it will warm you through. It is important to keep the carrots reasonably large otherwise they will melt into the stew.

Try to use potatoes that will stay in their chunks and not become powdery. I use food colouring but this is purely aesthetic so you don't need to if you don't want to.

Estofado - Beef and Potato Stew Recipe Estofa10

Estofado ingredients:
For 4 main course servings

3 tablespoons of olive oil
500g stewing beef
250g carrots peeled and cut into large chunks
1 medium onion chopped
3 tomatoes skinned and chopped
1 small tin of peas or a handful of fresh peas
1 tablespoon of paprika
2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 teaspoon of flour
500g of potatoes peeled and cut into large chunks
1 wineglass of white wine
250ml of beef stock
150ml of water
salt
freshly ground black pepper
saffron or yellow food colouring

Preparation:
Heat half the oil in a large, flameproof cooking pot. Put the meat in the hot oil and brown.

In a small frying pan heat the rest of the oil, add the onion and garlic and fry for about 5 minutes. Add the flour and the paprika and fry for 5 minutes more being careful not to burn this mix.

Add the onion mix to the meat pot, add the white wine, stock and water and bring to the boil. Cook this for about an hour and a half.

Add the carrots, chopped tomatoes and a little saffron or a teaspoon of yellow food colouring to the pot and cook for about 25 minutes. Then add the potatoes, the peas a little more beef stock if necessary and cook for another 20 -25 minutes until the potatoes are cooked.

Serve it with some crusty bread.

www.spanish-fiestas.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovespainforum.com

Estofado - Beef and Potato Stew Recipe
Page 1 of 1