Living in Mallorca Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living in Mallorca Forum

Living in Mallorca - my home of choice, is it yours?

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The Ups and Downs of Purchasing a Property
Pollensa council withdraws plans to pedestrianise seafront  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2022 11:33 pm by Ambl3r

» Greetings Mallorca
Pollensa council withdraws plans to pedestrianise seafront  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 pm by neilmccauley17

» Spain Local Guide Wanted
Pollensa council withdraws plans to pedestrianise seafront  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am by bensh2

» Looking For Long Term Rental April - October 2013
Pollensa council withdraws plans to pedestrianise seafront  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:52 am by Admin

» Love Spain now becomes Love Mallorca
Pollensa council withdraws plans to pedestrianise seafront  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 am by Admin

» Love Mallorca Forum?
Pollensa council withdraws plans to pedestrianise seafront  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 pm by Admin

» Lack of Mallorca Forums
Pollensa council withdraws plans to pedestrianise seafront  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 am by Admin

» Return to Mallorca
Pollensa council withdraws plans to pedestrianise seafront  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 am by Admin

» "Che" Guevara
Pollensa council withdraws plans to pedestrianise seafront  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 am by Admin

Facebook Living in Mallorca
Favourite Links
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Living in Mallorca Forum on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Visits

Pollensa council withdraws plans to pedestrianise seafront

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Pollensa council withdraws plans to pedestrianise seafront  Empty
PostSubject: Pollensa council withdraws plans to pedestrianise seafront    Pollensa council withdraws plans to pedestrianise seafront  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 8:03 pm

THE town council in Pollensa has decided to withdraw the contract it had awarded for planning the pedestrianisation of the seafront, independent political party “Altnerativa” confirmed yesterday, apparently because technicians had found the project to contain too many “flaws and inconsistencies.” Paperwork is now in progress to withdraw the commission from the company which had mapped out plans to eliminate traffic from the seafront, and the Council has anulled the payment of almost 19'000 euros which was to be made to the firm’s owner, a relative of a group which had lobbied for the pedestrianisation programme. “Alternativa” spokesman Pepe Garcia said:“For months, different council factions, tourist business and residents’ associations were finding fault with the blueprint of what had been termed “a sustainable transport” programme. The payment couldn’t have been made anyway because there were insufficient municipal funds,” Alternativa claimed.
Garcia said that two opportunities to secure financing had been wasted as a result of the Council’s incompetence in settling the seafront issue.
Technicians who had looked at the company’s plans said that they were “too vague” and that designers had made assumptions based on “out-of-date” material.

The technicians said that there was also no evidence that were the pedestrianisation programme to have gone ahead, that the traffic and tourist business problems of Pollensa were going to be solved as a result.

Majorca Daily Bulletin
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovespainforum.com

Pollensa council withdraws plans to pedestrianise seafront
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Living in Mallorca Forum :: LOVE SPAIN FORUMS :: Spanish News :: Balearics-
Jump to: