Living in Mallorca Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living in Mallorca Forum

Living in Mallorca - my home of choice, is it yours?

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The Ups and Downs of Purchasing a Property
Airlines want 100 million euros strike compensation I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2022 11:33 pm by Ambl3r

» Greetings Mallorca
Airlines want 100 million euros strike compensation I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 pm by neilmccauley17

» Spain Local Guide Wanted
Airlines want 100 million euros strike compensation I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am by bensh2

» Looking For Long Term Rental April - October 2013
Airlines want 100 million euros strike compensation I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:52 am by Admin

» Love Spain now becomes Love Mallorca
Airlines want 100 million euros strike compensation I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 am by Admin

» Love Mallorca Forum?
Airlines want 100 million euros strike compensation I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 pm by Admin

» Lack of Mallorca Forums
Airlines want 100 million euros strike compensation I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 am by Admin

» Return to Mallorca
Airlines want 100 million euros strike compensation I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 am by Admin

» "Che" Guevara
Airlines want 100 million euros strike compensation I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 am by Admin

Facebook Living in Mallorca
Favourite Links
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Living in Mallorca Forum on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Visits

Airlines want 100 million euros strike compensation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Airlines want 100 million euros strike compensation Empty
PostSubject: Airlines want 100 million euros strike compensation   Airlines want 100 million euros strike compensation I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 12:30 am

SPANISH airlines are going to hit the airport authority AENA with a compensation bill for 100 million euros to cover their loses incurred by months of industrial action by air traffic controllers which culminated with the wildcat strike which brought the country to a halt on December 4.

The move was unveiled yesterday by the President of the Association of Spanish Air Transport Companies, Manuel Lopez Colmenarejo.
He said that the covert strike which led to the closure of Spanish airspace for 22 hours earlier this month cost their airlines between 30 and 40 million euros. But, he said that AENA should be held accountable for the year-long dispute with the air traffic controllers which had led to work to rule and other covert action which has led to continual delays.

As far as Colmenarejo is concerned, the airlines should be compensated for a year of poor service from AENA. “We have to put up with the highest air traffic control costs in Europe while, according to Eurocontrol, being forced to cope with the highest level of air delays,” he said.

AENA also faces the threat of legal action and being hauled before the European Commission if it does not meet the association’s demands.
Central government also came under pressure from the opposition Partido Popular yesterday to take measures to compensate the tourist industry for the losses it incurred at the hands of the air traffic controllers such as reducing VAT, cutting airport taxes and investing in the country’s struggling resorts.

Majorca Daily Bulletin
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovespainforum.com

Airlines want 100 million euros strike compensation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Living in Mallorca Forum :: LOVE SPAIN FORUMS :: Spanish News :: National-
Jump to: