Living in Mallorca Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living in Mallorca Forum

Living in Mallorca - my home of choice, is it yours?

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The Ups and Downs of Purchasing a Property
Thinking of moving overseas? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2022 11:33 pm by Ambl3r

» Greetings Mallorca
Thinking of moving overseas? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 pm by neilmccauley17

» Spain Local Guide Wanted
Thinking of moving overseas? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am by bensh2

» Looking For Long Term Rental April - October 2013
Thinking of moving overseas? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:52 am by Admin

» Love Spain now becomes Love Mallorca
Thinking of moving overseas? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 am by Admin

» Love Mallorca Forum?
Thinking of moving overseas? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 pm by Admin

» Lack of Mallorca Forums
Thinking of moving overseas? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 am by Admin

» Return to Mallorca
Thinking of moving overseas? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 am by Admin

» "Che" Guevara
Thinking of moving overseas? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 am by Admin

Similar topics
Facebook Living in Mallorca
Favourite Links
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Living in Mallorca Forum on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Visits

Thinking of moving overseas?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Thinking of moving overseas? Empty
PostSubject: Thinking of moving overseas?   Thinking of moving overseas? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 8:29 pm

When making the big move and relocating it is recommended that you make yor initial enquires at least 3 months before your planned move date. Most international moving companies will give a free home quotation for your move and supply a tailored plan designed just for you. They will also be able to update you on the latest customs and quarantine requirements that are applicable to your destination and answer any of your questions.

Preparation is the key to a successful relocation. Have a clear picture in your mind of the items that you want to take with you and throw away or give away all the junk that you have accumulated over the years.

Most removal companies can also provide you with a general info pack for the country you are moving to up to 12 months before your planned move date so that you can begin to prioritise your packing well in advance.

Is it cheaper to sell my belongings and buy new on arrival?

In fact it is cheaper to transport your belongings than to buy new upon arrival. It is surprising how much the items in your house come to when you total them all up and to have to buy new, in strange surroundings and unfamiliar shops adds more stress to an exciting yet stressful time. Also bear in mind that in a new country and new surroundings it is comforting to be surrounded with familiar and favourite items and this helps with the transition period.

Which companies can I trust?

There are many companies and the choice is yours however look out for the following accreditations for an international removal company to give yourself peace of mind:

• British Association of Removers (BAR) which requires all members to adhere to a code of practice approved by the Office of Fair Trading.

• FAIM – quality standard and part of following:

• FIDI – Federation of International Furniture Movers

• IAM – International Association of Movers

What should I look for in a quote?

A quote usually follows a home survey and should include:

• The total cost of the move depending on the service selected

• Total volume of your move and the service that will be provided

• Transit times for the consignment

• Information on arrival clearance (Customs and Quarantine)

• Information on Marine Transit Insurance (Insurance is NOT normally included in shipping quote)

• Storage costs if selected in the UK or destination country

• All packing including boxes and packaging

• Number of days to complete the packing service

Look closely at all terms & conditions.

International shipping – which is best for me?

Europe:

Road Transport (part load). This is the most efficient method for transporting your belongings to Europe. With a part load you share the space with others heading to your destination country. It can take between 5-21 days door-to-door depending on routes and destinations.

Road Transport (Special Service). From packing to delivery within 48 hours but depending on destination and your consignment size. You will be charged a premium rate but will have exclusive use of the vehicle.

Insurance?

Accidents are rare but they do happen. If you wish to cover your effects in transit for loss or damage you will have to pay. The policies are generally based on a percentage of the value of the effects. The policy will be implemented from the day of packing and up to 14 days after your items are delivered to your residence.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovespainforum.com

Thinking of moving overseas?
Page 1 of 1