Living in Mallorca Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living in Mallorca Forum

Living in Mallorca - my home of choice, is it yours?

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The Ups and Downs of Purchasing a Property
Leader of Hindu sect in Granada accused of abuse I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2022 11:33 pm by Ambl3r

» Greetings Mallorca
Leader of Hindu sect in Granada accused of abuse I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 pm by neilmccauley17

» Spain Local Guide Wanted
Leader of Hindu sect in Granada accused of abuse I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am by bensh2

» Looking For Long Term Rental April - October 2013
Leader of Hindu sect in Granada accused of abuse I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:52 am by Admin

» Love Spain now becomes Love Mallorca
Leader of Hindu sect in Granada accused of abuse I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 am by Admin

» Love Mallorca Forum?
Leader of Hindu sect in Granada accused of abuse I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 pm by Admin

» Lack of Mallorca Forums
Leader of Hindu sect in Granada accused of abuse I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 am by Admin

» Return to Mallorca
Leader of Hindu sect in Granada accused of abuse I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 am by Admin

» "Che" Guevara
Leader of Hindu sect in Granada accused of abuse I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 am by Admin

Facebook Living in Mallorca
Favourite Links
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Living in Mallorca Forum on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Visits

Leader of Hindu sect in Granada accused of abuse

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Leader of Hindu sect in Granada accused of abuse Empty
PostSubject: Leader of Hindu sect in Granada accused of abuse   Leader of Hindu sect in Granada accused of abuse I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 3:09 am

The Granada prosecutor, Emilia Rancaño, has denounced the Guru of the Hindu community based at Armilla, Granada, accusing 51 year old Antonio Javier R.P. of carrying out ‘abusive and coercive practices’ on members of the collective. He is accused of benefitting economically and sexually from the followers.

The prosecutor’s inspection of the case, which started last June, has detected 22 victims of the Guru, 13 women and 9 men. She considers the Guru had ‘captured’ people to ‘satisfy his personal interests’, using Yoga and massage classes as his attraction.

There are reports that members of the community were allowed only one meal and three hours sleep a day, kept under control by methods of group persuasion, with those who managed to leave needing psychological help afterwards. One of those affected told El País, ‘The degree of manipulation reached the point that you could not even think badly of the master, as you would be setting your own punishment’.

The prosecutor says she found evidence of not only psychological violence, but physical violence too, and notes the Guru had sexual access to many of the community members. He had used his powers to obtain the assets and money belonging to many of his followers.

The Vaidika Partisana Sangha religious community was registered in 2008, but has been acting as an association since the 80’s. Those affected are said to be from right across Spain.

A judge in an instruction court will now continue with the investigation of the case.

Read more: http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_28444.shtml#ixzz18x3w3wLv
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovespainforum.com

Leader of Hindu sect in Granada accused of abuse
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Living in Mallorca Forum :: LOVE SPAIN FORUMS :: Spanish News :: Andalucía-
Jump to: