Living in Mallorca Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living in Mallorca Forum

Living in Mallorca - my home of choice, is it yours?

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The Ups and Downs of Purchasing a Property
Spanish Christmas Menu - Menú de Noche Buena I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2022 11:33 pm by Ambl3r

» Greetings Mallorca
Spanish Christmas Menu - Menú de Noche Buena I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 pm by neilmccauley17

» Spain Local Guide Wanted
Spanish Christmas Menu - Menú de Noche Buena I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am by bensh2

» Looking For Long Term Rental April - October 2013
Spanish Christmas Menu - Menú de Noche Buena I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:52 am by Admin

» Love Spain now becomes Love Mallorca
Spanish Christmas Menu - Menú de Noche Buena I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 am by Admin

» Love Mallorca Forum?
Spanish Christmas Menu - Menú de Noche Buena I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 pm by Admin

» Lack of Mallorca Forums
Spanish Christmas Menu - Menú de Noche Buena I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 am by Admin

» Return to Mallorca
Spanish Christmas Menu - Menú de Noche Buena I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 am by Admin

» "Che" Guevara
Spanish Christmas Menu - Menú de Noche Buena I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 am by Admin

Facebook Living in Mallorca
Favourite Links
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Living in Mallorca Forum on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Visits

Spanish Christmas Menu - Menú de Noche Buena

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Spanish Christmas Menu - Menú de Noche Buena Empty
PostSubject: Spanish Christmas Menu - Menú de Noche Buena   Spanish Christmas Menu - Menú de Noche Buena I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:35 am

Here are some ideas for La Noche Buena menus:

In Spanish, Christmas Eve is called "La Noche Buena," literally translated as "The Good Night." In Spain it is celebrated with a large family meal, which is eaten late in the evening and can last a couple hours. Some families attend midnight mass before or after. In Spain, Christmas Eve is a time for celebrating in neighbouring bars and cafes, and around the table with family and friends.
It consists of several courses starting with some tapas or appetizers, first course, main course, and ending with dessert and coffee or after-dinner drinks.

Tapas or Appetizers

Jamón, Queso y Chorizo
- Ham, Cheese and Spanish Chorizo Sausage: This easy tapas recipe uses jamón, queso y chorizo – ham, cheese and Spanish chorizo on bread. It’s a great way to start the dinner, served with a nice red wine or two.

Langostinos con Salsa Rosa – Large Prawns with Pink Sauce: This recipe is very easy. The langostinos or prawns are boiled, then served with a slightly spicy salsa rosa or pink sauce, made with mayonnaise, and Tabasco. If you prefer a sauce without mayonnaise, try Spanish Romesco sauce, made with roasted red peppers, garlic, oil and vinegar.

Primer Plato or First Course

Sopa de Pescado y Marisco – Fish and Shellfish Soup: Spanish Sopa de Pescado y Marisco is a classic soup for the holidays. Shellfish is always part of the menu at any Spanish celebration and Christmas is no different. This soup is a wonderful start to a meal. Serve it piping hot with French bread slices.

Creamy Spanish Prawn Soup Recipe
- Sopa de Carabineros, if you prefer a creamy soup rather than a broth-based one. It is full of "carabineros" (large shrimp) and fish, mixed with fish stock, half-and-half and tarragon.

Esparragos Blancos - White Asparagus: White asparagus is very delicate in texture and flavor, since these soft spears have never been touched by sunlight.

Ensalada de Endibia con Vinagreta
- Endive Salad in Tomato Vinaigrette: Try this salad, made simply with endives, tomatoes, oil and vinegar.

Spanish Romesco Seafood Pasta Salad: Traditional Spanish flavors combine in a new seafood salad. Romesco Sauce is classic Spanish cuisine, made with roasted red peppers, almonds, garlic, oil and vinegar. Add a bit of mayonnaise to it, and toss with cooked shrimp and pasta to make a rich and flavorful salad for any time of year.

Plato Principal - Main Course

In Spain, the next course is called segundo plato, the "second" course. Beef, lamb, poultry or game is served with rice or potatoes for this filling course.

Cordero Asado
- Roast Lamb: Roast lamb will not disappoint you or your guests at Christmas dinner. It is far less work than roasting a turkey or duck and is much tastier.

Patatas Fritas – Home-Fried Potatoes: If you are serving roast lamb, home-fried potatoes are a must.

Ensalada Mixta – Mixed Green Salad: Like most big Spanish meals, Christmas dinner is filled with some rich dishes. To balance that out, a fresh green salad is always at the ready. This salad compliments the heavier dishes that are passed around the holiday table.

Postre - Dessert

After a brief pause dinner continues with dessert or postre. At Christmas time that means plates of delicious Spanish treats like:

· Turrón, Spanish almond candy.
· Polvorones or almond cookies.
· Mantecados or Spanish crumble cakes.

Spanish Cava, Brandy and More

No Spanish Christmas would be complete without several toasts and a few glasses of cava, Spanish sparkling wine. After the dinner dishes are cleared, a hot cup of espresso coffee and/or a small glass of Spanish brandy like Cardenal Mendoza brand, anise liqueur or Licor 43 can be raised.

Back to top Go down
http://www.lovespainforum.com

Spanish Christmas Menu - Menú de Noche Buena
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Living in Mallorca Forum :: LOVE SPAIN FORUMS :: Spanish Food-
Jump to: