Living in Mallorca Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living in Mallorca Forum

Living in Mallorca - my home of choice, is it yours?

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The Ups and Downs of Purchasing a Property
Great Time to Buy I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2022 11:33 pm by Ambl3r

» Greetings Mallorca
Great Time to Buy I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 pm by neilmccauley17

» Spain Local Guide Wanted
Great Time to Buy I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am by bensh2

» Looking For Long Term Rental April - October 2013
Great Time to Buy I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:52 am by Admin

» Love Spain now becomes Love Mallorca
Great Time to Buy I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 am by Admin

» Love Mallorca Forum?
Great Time to Buy I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 pm by Admin

» Lack of Mallorca Forums
Great Time to Buy I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 am by Admin

» Return to Mallorca
Great Time to Buy I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 am by Admin

» "Che" Guevara
Great Time to Buy I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 am by Admin

Facebook Living in Mallorca
Favourite Links
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Living in Mallorca Forum on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Visits

Great Time to Buy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Great Time to Buy Empty
PostSubject: Great Time to Buy   Great Time to Buy I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 7:05 pm

Now is a very good time to buy in Spain. The property prices are being reduced and it is definitely the buyers market.

When you find the property you want it is hard not to get excited but you have to remember – buying a house in Spain is no different than buying a property in the UK . Find a trustworthy estate agent and someone who has preferably been recommended to you personally.

Arrange with your bank, in theory, any mortgage before you go in search of your ‘place in the sun’ and have everything in order to avoid the disappointment of losing the place you fall in love with.

Get to know the area you are looking in. See it at different times of the day or night. Somewhere quiet and peaceful during the day may well be a meeting place at night! Make sure that the area has the facilities that you need and take off the rose-coloured specs!

Remember that it is not sunny and warm all year round – does the property have the heating that you will need during the winter months and does it have easy access when weather conditions are hazardous. This winter Spain had its fair share of snow – would you be able to get out and about from your dream property if you were under a blanket of snow?

Get a good solicitor to ensure that there are no debts left on the property that you wish to buy or that there are no proposals to bang a road right through your garden and to ensure that all the correct paperwork and permissions are to hand.

Remember also to have a survey done – you have one done in the UK so have one done in Spain.

Use commonsense the same as you would when buying in the UK and hopefully you will have many happy years in your new home.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovespainforum.com

Great Time to Buy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Living in Mallorca Forum :: LOVE SPAIN FORUMS :: Buying a Property in Spain-
Jump to: