Living in Mallorca Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living in Mallorca Forum

Living in Mallorca - my home of choice, is it yours?

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The Ups and Downs of Purchasing a Property
Romanian couple sentenced for death of retired Murcia priest I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2022 11:33 pm by Ambl3r

» Greetings Mallorca
Romanian couple sentenced for death of retired Murcia priest I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 pm by neilmccauley17

» Spain Local Guide Wanted
Romanian couple sentenced for death of retired Murcia priest I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am by bensh2

» Looking For Long Term Rental April - October 2013
Romanian couple sentenced for death of retired Murcia priest I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:52 am by Admin

» Love Spain now becomes Love Mallorca
Romanian couple sentenced for death of retired Murcia priest I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 am by Admin

» Love Mallorca Forum?
Romanian couple sentenced for death of retired Murcia priest I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 pm by Admin

» Lack of Mallorca Forums
Romanian couple sentenced for death of retired Murcia priest I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 am by Admin

» Return to Mallorca
Romanian couple sentenced for death of retired Murcia priest I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 am by Admin

» "Che" Guevara
Romanian couple sentenced for death of retired Murcia priest I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 am by Admin

Similar topics
Facebook Living in Mallorca
Favourite Links
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Living in Mallorca Forum on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Visits

Romanian couple sentenced for death of retired Murcia priest

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Romanian couple sentenced for death of retired Murcia priest Empty
PostSubject: Romanian couple sentenced for death of retired Murcia priest   Romanian couple sentenced for death of retired Murcia priest I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 8:24 am

The victim was found beaten to death in his home in April 2007

A Romanian couple accused of the death of a retired Murcia priest have been sentenced to 28 years in prison.

75 year old Salvador Fernández Ciller, who had been a missionary in South America for many years before returning home to Murcia, was found beaten to death in his home in Murcia City on April 11 2007. He had acted as parish priest for two churches before his retirement.

The two suspects convicted for his death are Marius Neacsu, sentenced to 20 years for murder and robbery with violence, and his partner of the time, Ramona Mona Strecke, who will spend 8 years behind bars. EFE reports that the court ruled, in the latter’s case, that she was forced to help in the killing and acted out of fear of her partner.

The sentence describes the actions of the main accused in the case as ‘brutal’, when he attacked the victim with a mallet, beating him about the head repeatedly when he opened his door to receive his visitors.

It’s understood from the text of the sentence that Marius Neacsu had been friendly with the priest for the previous two years and had been receiving money from the victim in exchange for sexual favours. The sentence indicates that he then decided he wanted more money and thought up the plan for the robbery.

Read more: http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_28507.shtml#ixzz19XQFMYQF

Back to top Go down
http://www.lovespainforum.com

Romanian couple sentenced for death of retired Murcia priest
Page 1 of 1