Living in Mallorca Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living in Mallorca Forum

Living in Mallorca - my home of choice, is it yours?

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The Ups and Downs of Purchasing a Property
British family demand tougher restrictions on water sports in Mallorca I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2022 11:33 pm by Ambl3r

» Greetings Mallorca
British family demand tougher restrictions on water sports in Mallorca I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 pm by neilmccauley17

» Spain Local Guide Wanted
British family demand tougher restrictions on water sports in Mallorca I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am by bensh2

» Looking For Long Term Rental April - October 2013
British family demand tougher restrictions on water sports in Mallorca I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:52 am by Admin

» Love Spain now becomes Love Mallorca
British family demand tougher restrictions on water sports in Mallorca I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 am by Admin

» Love Mallorca Forum?
British family demand tougher restrictions on water sports in Mallorca I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 pm by Admin

» Lack of Mallorca Forums
British family demand tougher restrictions on water sports in Mallorca I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 am by Admin

» Return to Mallorca
British family demand tougher restrictions on water sports in Mallorca I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 am by Admin

» "Che" Guevara
British family demand tougher restrictions on water sports in Mallorca I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 am by Admin

Similar topics
Facebook Living in Mallorca
Favourite Links
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Living in Mallorca Forum on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Visits

British family demand tougher restrictions on water sports in Mallorca

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

British family demand tougher restrictions on water sports in Mallorca Empty
PostSubject: British family demand tougher restrictions on water sports in Mallorca   British family demand tougher restrictions on water sports in Mallorca I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 12:15 am

A father and son have been involved in a parasailing accident while on holiday in Port de Pollenca. Ian McCulloch, 39 and son Tom, 10, were enjoying a family day out on the beach, and had hired the boat for two tandem parasails. Shortly after being harnessed in, the pair were released off the back of the speedboat. Ian’s wife Josie was filming the event when she heard the rope snap. With no back-up rope, both fell into the water from 100 feet in the air.

Luckily both escaped without injury. Whilst the family knew the risks involved before signing up for the activity, they felt that the people running it were too blase about the whole event. The family are now demanding that tighter restrictions should be put in place for water sports on the island.

Boats are required to have a fully qualified captain but the parasailing industry is self-regulating.

Visitors wishing to take a parasailing trip should ensure that the boat they take has a Spanish licence (Formation basica), a first aider, and comprehensive insurance (read the release form carefully!). Ensure you have a good safety briefing before you take off, and inspect the equipment as you prepare for the parasail. The harness and ropes should be thoroughly cleaned with fresh water every day as the combination of salt water and sunshine can weaken the materials.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovespainforum.com

British family demand tougher restrictions on water sports in Mallorca
Page 1 of 1