Living in Mallorca Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living in Mallorca Forum

Living in Mallorca - my home of choice, is it yours?

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The Ups and Downs of Purchasing a Property
Balearic Islands pursue tourist industry openings with India I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2022 11:33 pm by Ambl3r

» Greetings Mallorca
Balearic Islands pursue tourist industry openings with India I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 pm by neilmccauley17

» Spain Local Guide Wanted
Balearic Islands pursue tourist industry openings with India I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am by bensh2

» Looking For Long Term Rental April - October 2013
Balearic Islands pursue tourist industry openings with India I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:52 am by Admin

» Love Spain now becomes Love Mallorca
Balearic Islands pursue tourist industry openings with India I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 am by Admin

» Love Mallorca Forum?
Balearic Islands pursue tourist industry openings with India I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 pm by Admin

» Lack of Mallorca Forums
Balearic Islands pursue tourist industry openings with India I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 am by Admin

» Return to Mallorca
Balearic Islands pursue tourist industry openings with India I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 am by Admin

» "Che" Guevara
Balearic Islands pursue tourist industry openings with India I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 am by Admin

Similar topics
Facebook Living in Mallorca
Favourite Links
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Living in Mallorca Forum on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Visits

Balearic Islands pursue tourist industry openings with India

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Balearic Islands pursue tourist industry openings with India Empty
PostSubject: Balearic Islands pursue tourist industry openings with India   Balearic Islands pursue tourist industry openings with India I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:05 pm

PALMA
THE Balearic Islands took a step closer to promoting its tourist offer in India yesterday when regional President Francesc Antich met up in Palma with the Indian Ambassador to Spain, Sujaha Mehta.

The Vice-President of the Chamber of Commerce, José Luis Roses was also present at the meeting at the offices of the Consulat de Mar, in which openings for tourist business that could be of interest to an Indian client market were explored.

Both Antich and Mehta confirmed the possibility of tourist firms setting up business in India. Antich claimed there was currently a potential market there of 5 million tourists which not only “has potential” but which “continues to grow.” “Balearic businesses have companies all over the world and as such are pioneers in the tourist industry,” affirmed Antich. He acknowledged that India has the largest amount of engineers skilled in technology in the world, and this in itself, said Antich, could be of interest to the Balearic Islands. The Ambassador gave assurances that firms in India had the skills and know-how and would be open to collaboration with Majorca.

Jose Luis Roses explained after the meeting that over the coming months, experts in India are to provide information to Balearic businesses on legislation and tax, enabling them to gain a foothold on the tourist industry ladder in India. “The spending power of people in India is gradually on the rise,”he claimed.

Prior to these discussions, Mehta met separately with Antich to approach the subject of rescue efforts which have been taking place to find Majorcan-born Lourdes Morro who disappeared on 6th August in the Indian region of Ladakh.

Majorca Daily Bulletin
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovespainforum.com

Balearic Islands pursue tourist industry openings with India
Page 1 of 1