Living in Mallorca Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living in Mallorca Forum

Living in Mallorca - my home of choice, is it yours?

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The Ups and Downs of Purchasing a Property
EXTRA UK FLIGHTS GIVE BALEARIC REAL ESTATE SECTOR A WELCOME BOOST I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2022 11:33 pm by Ambl3r

» Greetings Mallorca
EXTRA UK FLIGHTS GIVE BALEARIC REAL ESTATE SECTOR A WELCOME BOOST I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 pm by neilmccauley17

» Spain Local Guide Wanted
EXTRA UK FLIGHTS GIVE BALEARIC REAL ESTATE SECTOR A WELCOME BOOST I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am by bensh2

» Looking For Long Term Rental April - October 2013
EXTRA UK FLIGHTS GIVE BALEARIC REAL ESTATE SECTOR A WELCOME BOOST I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:52 am by Admin

» Love Spain now becomes Love Mallorca
EXTRA UK FLIGHTS GIVE BALEARIC REAL ESTATE SECTOR A WELCOME BOOST I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 am by Admin

» Love Mallorca Forum?
EXTRA UK FLIGHTS GIVE BALEARIC REAL ESTATE SECTOR A WELCOME BOOST I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 pm by Admin

» Lack of Mallorca Forums
EXTRA UK FLIGHTS GIVE BALEARIC REAL ESTATE SECTOR A WELCOME BOOST I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 am by Admin

» Return to Mallorca
EXTRA UK FLIGHTS GIVE BALEARIC REAL ESTATE SECTOR A WELCOME BOOST I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 am by Admin

» "Che" Guevara
EXTRA UK FLIGHTS GIVE BALEARIC REAL ESTATE SECTOR A WELCOME BOOST I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 am by Admin

Similar topics
Facebook Living in Mallorca
Favourite Links
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Living in Mallorca Forum on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Visits

EXTRA UK FLIGHTS GIVE BALEARIC REAL ESTATE SECTOR A WELCOME BOOST

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

EXTRA UK FLIGHTS GIVE BALEARIC REAL ESTATE SECTOR A WELCOME BOOST Empty
PostSubject: EXTRA UK FLIGHTS GIVE BALEARIC REAL ESTATE SECTOR A WELCOME BOOST   EXTRA UK FLIGHTS GIVE BALEARIC REAL ESTATE SECTOR A WELCOME BOOST I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 12:11 am

By Humphrey Carter

With a busy programme of winter flights between the UK and Palma and all of the airlines announcing extra flights between the UK and the Balearics, in particular Majorca, for next year, confidence has been lifted in the local real estate market by the prospect of more British visitors coming to the island.

Monarch is leading the way this winter with six flights per week to Palma from Gatwick and Manchester and yesterday the airline announced it will be operating two flights per week to Ibiza, as opposed to the one initially programmed after Ryanair decided to scale down their winter operations.

However, as the Bulletin has been reporting, a new private jet venture is due to take off in November for the more discerning and wealthier traveller and business person and all this has given the property market in the region a boost.

Both Majorca’s holiday rental and second home markets are likely to benefit from the extra flight services while the successful CityFlyer links from London City Airport will make the island even more attractive as a commuter destination.

Although the CityFlyer service will not run throughout the winter, the local authorities are in talks with the airline over an early Easter start to next year’s service to catch the early market.

But Majorca’s real estate market, sectors of which have been reporting an upturn in business over recent months, will also benefit from extra flights being operated by Thomas Cook and Jet2.com to the island next year.

The Chief Executive Officer of Thomas Cook UK & Ireland, Ian Derbyshire, comments, “with its mix of beaches, great weather, fantastic food and entertainment, Majorca is a fantastic option for families, couples and groups.” And so the airline has planned a weekly Saturday flight service from Southampton to Palma next summer beginning on 28th May 2011.
Jet2.com has also recognised the demand for flights to the island by announcing an increase in the number of scheduled flights from 2 per week to 5 per week for the duration of the 2011 summer season.

Victor Sague, Sales & Marketing Director of Taylor Wimpey de Espana, the largest property developer in Majorca for over 50 years, enthuses, “the British low cost airlines are responding to the increase in visitor numbers that Majorca has experienced in recent years.” It would appear that things are finally looking up for Majorca and the Balearics in general with the British market in all areas.

Back to top Go down
http://www.lovespainforum.com

EXTRA UK FLIGHTS GIVE BALEARIC REAL ESTATE SECTOR A WELCOME BOOST
Page 1 of 1