Living in Mallorca Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living in Mallorca Forum

Living in Mallorca - my home of choice, is it yours?

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The Ups and Downs of Purchasing a Property
Immigration to Spain falls sharply amid recession  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2022 11:33 pm by Ambl3r

» Greetings Mallorca
Immigration to Spain falls sharply amid recession  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 pm by neilmccauley17

» Spain Local Guide Wanted
Immigration to Spain falls sharply amid recession  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am by bensh2

» Looking For Long Term Rental April - October 2013
Immigration to Spain falls sharply amid recession  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:52 am by Admin

» Love Spain now becomes Love Mallorca
Immigration to Spain falls sharply amid recession  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 am by Admin

» Love Mallorca Forum?
Immigration to Spain falls sharply amid recession  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 pm by Admin

» Lack of Mallorca Forums
Immigration to Spain falls sharply amid recession  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 am by Admin

» Return to Mallorca
Immigration to Spain falls sharply amid recession  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 am by Admin

» "Che" Guevara
Immigration to Spain falls sharply amid recession  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 am by Admin

Facebook Living in Mallorca
Favourite Links
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Living in Mallorca Forum on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Visits

Immigration to Spain falls sharply amid recession

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Immigration to Spain falls sharply amid recession  Empty
PostSubject: Immigration to Spain falls sharply amid recession    Immigration to Spain falls sharply amid recession  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 8:30 am

IMMIGRATION to Spain has fallen ‘drastically’ due to the economic crisis and the voluntary return of foreigners to their homeland has increased with the implementation of the programme for assisted return, a minister said yesterday.

Labour and Immigration Minister Valeriano Gomez made his remarks after analysing with Ecuador’s envoy to Spain, Galo Chiriboga, the new Bilateral Agreement on Social Security that the two countries will sign next week in Quito.

Gomez referred to the current Voluntary Return Programme for foreigners who find themselves unemployed in Spain and want to return to their countries, and he said that Spain is beginning to detect signs of a new economic cycle and that the programme was conceived as one more instrument to fight the recession and reduce unemployment.

He said that in Spain the capacity to welcome foreigners has been reduced and that returns, both of foreign workers and their families, have been in “greater numbers” than is shown by the assisted return programme.

GLOBAL SLUMP
Before the global slump, immigrants constituted nearly 10 percent of Spain’s roughly 46 million residents.
Gomez said the bilateral pact between Spain and Ecuador “is not conceived for the return” of foreigners and he emphasised among its new elements that it permits the workers of both countries’ firms greater mobility.

This will facilitate bilateral trade and help avoid double taxation.
The agreement replaces the one signed in 1974 and subjects workers and pensioners to the Social Security legislation of one or both countries, along with the members of their families and beneficiaries.

The accord also includes equal treatment of workers, and assorted other provisions.
The Spanish minister noted the importance of the pact given that in Spain there are 395'069 Ecuadorian citizens, of whom 171'043 benefit from Social Security.

Majorca Daily Bulletin
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovespainforum.com

Immigration to Spain falls sharply amid recession
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Living in Mallorca Forum :: LOVE SPAIN FORUMS :: Spanish News :: Balearics-
Jump to: