Living in Mallorca Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living in Mallorca Forum

Living in Mallorca - my home of choice, is it yours?

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The Ups and Downs of Purchasing a Property
Smoking ban  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2022 11:33 pm by Ambl3r

» Greetings Mallorca
Smoking ban  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 pm by neilmccauley17

» Spain Local Guide Wanted
Smoking ban  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am by bensh2

» Looking For Long Term Rental April - October 2013
Smoking ban  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:52 am by Admin

» Love Spain now becomes Love Mallorca
Smoking ban  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 am by Admin

» Love Mallorca Forum?
Smoking ban  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 pm by Admin

» Lack of Mallorca Forums
Smoking ban  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 am by Admin

» Return to Mallorca
Smoking ban  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 am by Admin

» "Che" Guevara
Smoking ban  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 am by Admin

Facebook Living in Mallorca
Favourite Links
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Living in Mallorca Forum on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Visits

Smoking ban

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Smoking ban  Empty
PostSubject: Smoking ban    Smoking ban  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 12:37 am

The smoking ban which came into effect on 2nd January has already hit bar and restaurant takings.

Just two weeks after the restrictions were introduced the president of the Restaurant Association, Juan Cabrera complained that this had been introduced during one of the worst periods in the history of the bar and restaurant sector.

He said that takings had already fallen between 30 – 50% and that in the future 30% of establishments were at risk.

The smoking club project is still being developed with separate entrances to the adjacent bar or restaurant with orders taken by microphone and drinks and dishes served by conveyor belt.

Well I don’t know about you but if I smoke and I go to a restaurant I would sit outside. However if I was being served by a conveyor belt then I think my attitude would be to not bother!

I do believe this world is going mad!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovespainforum.com
hughmac
hughmac

Smoking ban  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking ban    Smoking ban  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 9:10 am

Although I have been a life-long smoker, I do try not to smoke where it would offend people. But once at an outside patio party someone came across and stated that I was not allowed to smoke in front of him. I promptly replied that they were not obliged to stand next to me and that they could stand elsewhere.

We smokers have rights also!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Smoking ban  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking ban    Smoking ban  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 8:10 pm

I totally agree with you. I too am a smoker and my husband smokes cigars. We have always been considerate smokers but all these bans do nothing to stop us smoking. In fact they make it worse. Why should I be told what I can and can't do!

I will always keep away from non-smokers wherever possible whenever I smoke and prior to smoking bans in restaurants we never lit up a cigarette when someone nearby was eating.

How it will affect the economy for Spain I do not know. After all when you are out eating and drinking, if you are a smoker, you also want to smoke too. If I can sit outside on a patio then I have no problem with that - in fact I prefer to smoke outside. But just how it will work with the small bars and restaurants that have limited outside space I don't know.

Last year our friend who has one of those small bars when asked by us whether we could still smoke inside he pointed to one table tucked away in the corner near the kitchen area and said "of course, that is the non-smoking table". What he will do now we will see when we return in June.

As you say we have rights too, and we pay a vast amount of tax!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovespainforum.com
Sponsored content

Smoking ban  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking ban    Smoking ban  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smoking ban
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Living in Mallorca Forum :: LOVE SPAIN FORUMS :: Spanish News :: Balearics-
Jump to: