Living in Mallorca Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living in Mallorca Forum

Living in Mallorca - my home of choice, is it yours?

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The Ups and Downs of Purchasing a Property
SOS Animal Calvia hosting their annual fund raising party I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2022 11:33 pm by Ambl3r

» Greetings Mallorca
SOS Animal Calvia hosting their annual fund raising party I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 pm by neilmccauley17

» Spain Local Guide Wanted
SOS Animal Calvia hosting their annual fund raising party I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am by bensh2

» Looking For Long Term Rental April - October 2013
SOS Animal Calvia hosting their annual fund raising party I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:52 am by Admin

» Love Spain now becomes Love Mallorca
SOS Animal Calvia hosting their annual fund raising party I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 am by Admin

» Love Mallorca Forum?
SOS Animal Calvia hosting their annual fund raising party I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 pm by Admin

» Lack of Mallorca Forums
SOS Animal Calvia hosting their annual fund raising party I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 am by Admin

» Return to Mallorca
SOS Animal Calvia hosting their annual fund raising party I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 am by Admin

» "Che" Guevara
SOS Animal Calvia hosting their annual fund raising party I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 am by Admin

Similar topics
Facebook Living in Mallorca
Favourite Links
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Living in Mallorca Forum on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Visits

SOS Animal Calvia hosting their annual fund raising party

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

SOS Animal Calvia hosting their annual fund raising party Empty
PostSubject: SOS Animal Calvia hosting their annual fund raising party   SOS Animal Calvia hosting their annual fund raising party I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 12:09 am

By Humphrey Carter

Next Sunday, September 19, SOS Animal Calvia will be holding its annual fund raising party in Puerto Portals but this year, the need for donations and support is greater than ever.

Victoria Metcalfe said yesterday that the combination of the recession and residents of all nationalities moving back to their countries of origin has really put the animal refuge under serious pressure. “Over 1000 animals, dogs, cats, goats etc. have passed through our ever open refuge doors this year,” she said yesterday. “All have been treated if ill, operated on if necessary, castrated or spayed, fed, housed exercised and as many as possible re-homed. No animal is put to sleep unless there is absolutely no alternative. “We rely on our dog show, Rastillo (market flea market), tombola, cake stall etc. etc. to fund our refuge through the winter and to carry out much needed maintenance work. “We desperately need the support of the community in order to maintain the shelter.

“For example we have to move (at the expense of SOS Animal) a rotten electricity pole which supplies electricity for the whole refuge. “This will have to be done by a professional which will be costly but it is an absolute necessity before the winter,” she underlined. “All the proceeds from the “Fiesta in Portals” go directly to fund the needs of the animals as virtually all of the work is carried out by volunteers. “The credit crunch has affected the refuge greatly. “We are having more animals left with us as people return to the UK and the “mondial belt tightening” has left us with fewer donations. “We really do need your help!” she pleaded yesterday.
Over the years the animal charity has enjoyed great support from the local community including celebrities such as Selina Scott, who adopted one of the Labradors and had it flown home to the UK and the Conservative MP, whose wife is a major animal rights campaigner, Roger Gale, who attended the market a few years ago during a visit to the island.

But, this year, as all of the island’s animal refuge centres are finding, the number of animals having to be taken in has risen significantly but the income to care for the animals properly has fallen so, SOS Animal Calvia hope that as many people as possible turn out for the big fund raising party next Sunday.

It starts at midday and continues throughout the afternoon.
Every euro helps.

Back to top Go down
http://www.lovespainforum.com

SOS Animal Calvia hosting their annual fund raising party
Page 1 of 1