Living in Mallorca Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living in Mallorca Forum

Living in Mallorca - my home of choice, is it yours?

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The Ups and Downs of Purchasing a Property
19th January Sant Sebastian Celebrations in Palma I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2022 11:33 pm by Ambl3r

» Greetings Mallorca
19th January Sant Sebastian Celebrations in Palma I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 pm by neilmccauley17

» Spain Local Guide Wanted
19th January Sant Sebastian Celebrations in Palma I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am by bensh2

» Looking For Long Term Rental April - October 2013
19th January Sant Sebastian Celebrations in Palma I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:52 am by Admin

» Love Spain now becomes Love Mallorca
19th January Sant Sebastian Celebrations in Palma I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 am by Admin

» Love Mallorca Forum?
19th January Sant Sebastian Celebrations in Palma I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 pm by Admin

» Lack of Mallorca Forums
19th January Sant Sebastian Celebrations in Palma I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 am by Admin

» Return to Mallorca
19th January Sant Sebastian Celebrations in Palma I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 am by Admin

» "Che" Guevara
19th January Sant Sebastian Celebrations in Palma I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 am by Admin

Similar topics
Facebook Living in Mallorca
Favourite Links
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Living in Mallorca Forum on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Visits

19th January Sant Sebastian Celebrations in Palma

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

19th January Sant Sebastian Celebrations in Palma Empty
PostSubject: 19th January Sant Sebastian Celebrations in Palma   19th January Sant Sebastian Celebrations in Palma I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 12:52 am

Sant Sebastian the patron saint of Palma well be celebrated in ten different squares in the city on the evening of 19th. Thirty artists are performing including the rock ‘n roll band, Loquillo, from Barcelona and Kiko Veneno; Dover and Nena Daconte. Mago de Oz and Pignoise will close the concerts.

The celebrations start this Saturday at Palma City Hall.

On Sunday there is a classic car exhibition in the Parc de ses Estacions between 10 am and 4pm and on Monday there will be the traditional Sant Antoni animal blessing in Calle Sant Miguel.

The grand festivals on 19th will begin at 7 pm in the Plaza Mayor with a parade of giants and folk figures. There will be human towers of people forming pyramids and the lighting of a huge bonfire.

Places to be:

Plaza Mayor: there will be Dancers from Lluc, a special tribute to Bel Cerda i Soler, the folk group Xaloc and Loquillo.

Plaza Joan Carlos: there will be Hijos de la Kaky, along with Kausa, Gran Sol, Hypnotiza me, Lax ‘n’ Busto and Dover.

City Hall: Setze Cordes, Beth and Pelucon Flowers will be playing.

Sant Francesc: La Carrau, Aiaiai and Kiko Veneno will be performing.

Paseo de la Artesanía: Tonino Carotone will be live.

Plaza Santa Eulalia: Aniki & Kiffa and Carme Jaime Jazz Café are on stage.

Plaza del Olivar: Justagame and Eixuts are scheduled.

Costa de la Pols: there is electronic music.

Plaza España: concert by the “40 Principales” music channel which will have a musical agenda topped by two ex-participants of the Operación Triunfo talent show: Nena Daconte and Soraya.

Plaza de la Reina: Europa FM with Teatrasonic, Goodfellows, Joaquin Padilla and La Trampa.

The Sant Sebastian “Grand Concert” will be held two nights later on Friday, 21st January, featuring Spanish folk metal group “Mago de Oz.” Plaza España:

The final musical event of the festival will be on Saturday 22nd January when media channel Cadena 100 will present the group Pignoise.

The climax of the Sant Sebastia festival will be the “Atiarfoc” firework and costumed devil display scheduled between 8 and 9pm, with a special projected display against the frontage of the Cathedral.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovespainforum.com

19th January Sant Sebastian Celebrations in Palma
Page 1 of 1