Living in Mallorca Forum

Living in Mallorca - my home of choice, is it yours?
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Greetings Mallorca
Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 pm by neilmccauley17

» Spain Local Guide Wanted
Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am by bensh2

» The Ups and Downs of Purchasing a Property
Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:16 am by Admin

» Looking For Long Term Rental April - October 2013
Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:52 am by Admin

» Love Spain now becomes Love Mallorca
Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 am by Admin

» Love Mallorca Forum?
Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 pm by Admin

» Lack of Mallorca Forums
Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 am by Admin

» Return to Mallorca
Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 am by Admin

» "Che" Guevara
Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 am by Admin

Similar topics
Facebook Living in Mallorca
Favourite Links
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of Living in Mallorca Forum on your social bookmarking website

Share | 


Go down 

Posts : 496
Join date : 2010-05-28
Age : 65
Location : Alcudia

PostSubject: ELECTRICITY SUPPLY   Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:31 am

Electricity companies are notoriously slow at getting you connected so make sure you have all the paperwork needed and allow yourself plenty of time. Many areas of Spain suffer from frequent power cuts due to heavy rain so make sure you are prepared for them.

It is necessary to have a contract with the local electricity company in order to receive electricity.

The information needed to get power connected is generally the following:

First-time connection for a new-build house:

· Connection certificate (Boletin de Enganche or Certificado Instalación de Baja Tensión). This must be supplied by the electrician responsible for the initial installation of wiring in the property and should be stamped
· The First Occupation Licence (Licencia de Primera Ocupación) or Certificate of Habitability (Certificado de Habitabilidad) available from a Town Hall (Ayuntamiento)

For all electrical connections:

· A copy of the last electricity bill to the property
· Identification (passport or NIE number)
· If renting, details of the rental contract or details from the property title deeds
· Bank account details in order to set up payment of the bi-monthly bills on Standing Order

Once the contract is set up, bills will be received by post or can be viewed on the supplier's website, showing the total amount that will be debited from the bank account. IVA is charged at 16% and electricity tax at 4.8%.

To cancel the contract it is necessary to write a letter to the supplying company asking them to stop the service. Attach a copy of the passport identity page or NIE number.

The electricity supply in most of Spain is 220 volts AC with a frequency of 50 hertz (cycles).

Electricity companies

· Endesa
Tel: 902 525 852
· Iberdrola
Tel: 901 202 020
· Unión Eléctrica Fenosa
Tel: 901 380 220


Life is far too important to be taken seriously - Oscar Wilde
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
» 6 things you need to know about Enel connections
» Refrigeration without electricity
» The Storm Dagmar....
» Lakeside Touring Caravan Park
» Gardening Through Grief, Stress & Depression

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Living in Mallorca Forum :: How To-
Jump to: