Living in Mallorca Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living in Mallorca Forum

Living in Mallorca - my home of choice, is it yours?

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The Ups and Downs of Purchasing a Property
Palma’s public bicycle service to be wheeled out at the end of the year I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2022 11:33 pm by Ambl3r

» Greetings Mallorca
Palma’s public bicycle service to be wheeled out at the end of the year I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 pm by neilmccauley17

» Spain Local Guide Wanted
Palma’s public bicycle service to be wheeled out at the end of the year I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am by bensh2

» Looking For Long Term Rental April - October 2013
Palma’s public bicycle service to be wheeled out at the end of the year I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:52 am by Admin

» Love Spain now becomes Love Mallorca
Palma’s public bicycle service to be wheeled out at the end of the year I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 am by Admin

» Love Mallorca Forum?
Palma’s public bicycle service to be wheeled out at the end of the year I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 pm by Admin

» Lack of Mallorca Forums
Palma’s public bicycle service to be wheeled out at the end of the year I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 am by Admin

» Return to Mallorca
Palma’s public bicycle service to be wheeled out at the end of the year I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 am by Admin

» "Che" Guevara
Palma’s public bicycle service to be wheeled out at the end of the year I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 am by Admin

Similar topics
Facebook Living in Mallorca
Favourite Links
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Living in Mallorca Forum on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Visits

Palma’s public bicycle service to be wheeled out at the end of the year

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Palma’s public bicycle service to be wheeled out at the end of the year Empty
PostSubject: Palma’s public bicycle service to be wheeled out at the end of the year   Palma’s public bicycle service to be wheeled out at the end of the year I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 12:04 am

PALMA’S public bicycle service will start operating at the end of the year and will initially cover 15 city suburbs, the City Council confirmed yesterday.
The Indra company has been awarded the contract of managing the installations which already include 336 bicycles, 470 cycle stands, and 28 pick-up and drop off points. The company has apparently offered even more facilities in the terms and conditions of its contract.

The areas which the public cycle service will cover are in the centre of Palma and those near the Avenidas. They include Foners, Pere Garau, Marques de Fontsanta, Arxiduc, Bons Aires, Es Forti, Camp d’en Serralta, Santa Catalina, Jaume III, Born, Plaça dels Patins, Cort, Sant Nicolau, Sindicat and Mercat.

Transport Director, Jose Hila, said yesterday that the City Council will consider enlarging the public cycle network depending on how well it is received.

Hila then explained that people who make use of the cycle service will have to have a Citizen’s Card as it has to be swiped over a computerised meter every time a bicycle has to be picked up or returned. The cycle network, he explained, is the final step in the Council’s policy of introducing an integral public transport system to Palma, whereby citizens can combine a selection of municipal transport options to get around the city.

The Transport Councillor confirmed that residents in Palma who switch use from one line of the EMT public bus company to another are entitled to a free half-hour use of the bicycle service.

The City Council wants the public to become involved in choosing the name of the new public cycle network. Details can be seen on the Council’s web page. Suggested names are already up on the screen and site visitors can choose between such alternatives as “Bicipalma,” “Bicity,” “Rodapalma” and “Palmabike.” Voting will remain open until one minute before midnight on 30th September. The following day, the name that has been given the most support will be announced.

Majorca Daily Bulletin
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovespainforum.com

Palma’s public bicycle service to be wheeled out at the end of the year
Page 1 of 1