Living in Mallorca Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living in Mallorca Forum

Living in Mallorca - my home of choice, is it yours?

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The Ups and Downs of Purchasing a Property
Transfer of patients to new Palma hospital postponed I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2022 11:33 pm by Ambl3r

» Greetings Mallorca
Transfer of patients to new Palma hospital postponed I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 pm by neilmccauley17

» Spain Local Guide Wanted
Transfer of patients to new Palma hospital postponed I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am by bensh2

» Looking For Long Term Rental April - October 2013
Transfer of patients to new Palma hospital postponed I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:52 am by Admin

» Love Spain now becomes Love Mallorca
Transfer of patients to new Palma hospital postponed I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 am by Admin

» Love Mallorca Forum?
Transfer of patients to new Palma hospital postponed I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 pm by Admin

» Lack of Mallorca Forums
Transfer of patients to new Palma hospital postponed I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 am by Admin

» Return to Mallorca
Transfer of patients to new Palma hospital postponed I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 am by Admin

» "Che" Guevara
Transfer of patients to new Palma hospital postponed I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 am by Admin

Similar topics
Facebook Living in Mallorca
Favourite Links
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Living in Mallorca Forum on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Visits

Transfer of patients to new Palma hospital postponed

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Transfer of patients to new Palma hospital postponed Empty
PostSubject: Transfer of patients to new Palma hospital postponed   Transfer of patients to new Palma hospital postponed I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 2:21 am

THE Balearic government has decided to postpone the transfer of patients from Son Dureta to Palma’s new general hospital of Son Espases until the 18th and 19th of December, the regional Health Minister Vicenç Thomas confirmed yesterday.

The move comes after hospital worker union representatives and professionals had asked for more time to “acclimatise” to their new surroundings. The transfer of patients had originally been planned between the 6th and 8th of December but staff were anxious to guarantee patient security and as a result claimed the need to first become accustomed to the working environment at Son Espases.

Speaking yesterday afternoon after a Transfer Committee meeting, Thomas said that he had taken the decision after looking at the comments and concerns which had been registered with the ministry by hospital workers and which had been discussed regularly over the past week.

Thomas didn’t say how long the patient transfer was going to take but gave assurances that “all would be operating normally” on 20th December.
The Minister said that yesterday’s decision would put the minds of staff who had been concerned about the transfer timetable at rest. Thomas said that there had “never been a problem” about altering the date and that it had to be remembered that the physical transfer involved the movement of people who were ill and that it was essential to have their safety as a top priority.

Thomas acknowledged that the move to Son Espases is a “delicate and complicated” operation but that to date, all had been running smoothly. He pointed out that the government had been given the keys to the new building on 10th October and by 15th November, the outpatient department was functioning.

Majorca Daily Bulletin
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovespainforum.com

Transfer of patients to new Palma hospital postponed
Page 1 of 1