Living in Mallorca Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living in Mallorca Forum

Living in Mallorca - my home of choice, is it yours?

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» The Ups and Downs of Purchasing a Property
Drunk driver causes panic in central Palma I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2022 11:33 pm by Ambl3r

» Greetings Mallorca
Drunk driver causes panic in central Palma I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:52 pm by neilmccauley17

» Spain Local Guide Wanted
Drunk driver causes panic in central Palma I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am by bensh2

» Looking For Long Term Rental April - October 2013
Drunk driver causes panic in central Palma I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:52 am by Admin

» Love Spain now becomes Love Mallorca
Drunk driver causes panic in central Palma I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 am by Admin

» Love Mallorca Forum?
Drunk driver causes panic in central Palma I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:58 pm by Admin

» Lack of Mallorca Forums
Drunk driver causes panic in central Palma I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 am by Admin

» Return to Mallorca
Drunk driver causes panic in central Palma I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:14 am by Admin

» "Che" Guevara
Drunk driver causes panic in central Palma I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:08 am by Admin

Similar topics
Facebook Living in Mallorca
Favourite Links
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Living in Mallorca Forum on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Visits

Drunk driver causes panic in central Palma

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Drunk driver causes panic in central Palma Empty
PostSubject: Drunk driver causes panic in central Palma   Drunk driver causes panic in central Palma I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 11:18 pm

A 30-year-old Argentinian was arrested in Palma on Friday night after the Renault Megane he was driving smashed into a parked car in Calle Margarita Caimari, near the Corte Ingles department stores in the Avenidas. The vehicle rolled over several times before ending upside down on the pavement.

Miraculously no-one was hurt in the incident which happened about 9.30pm when many businesses and shops were closing and the streets were crowded with people.

Despite the impact the driver was able to crawl out of his vehicle unaided.
He tried to run away but was prevented from doing so by several people who had witnessed the accident.
Local Police lost no time in rushing to the scene after the alarm was raised and in closing off the street.
They attempted to interrogate the driver of the crashed car but he was apparently so much under the influence of alcohol he could barely stand up.
An on-the-spot breath test proved him to be four times over the legal limit.
The Argentinian was arrested for drunk driving and for causing an accident.
After a night in police cells, he was expected to appear before a city magistrate yesterday.

Majorca Daily Bulletin
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovespainforum.com

Drunk driver causes panic in central Palma
Page 1 of 1